As is well known, solderability is very important for the printed circuit boards, we must do solderability test of each batch PCB we made. In this way we can inspect the weldability of the PCB before we go ahead the assembly process, much helpful for SMT.
Today we are going to discuss the solderability test experiment. In order to explain it more clear, we now do a simple solderability test and show you all the steps.
1. Take a small solder pot, plug in the power, turn on the switch and heat the solder pot to a certain high temperature(about 8 minutes).
2. Put a tin bar to the solder pot, then you can see the tin bar is begin to melting, slowly into liquid tin, then more and more.
3. After few minutes, there will be enough melting liquid tin in the solder pot to do this test.
4.Use a tweezers to pick up a PCB circuit, first clean the PCB with rubbing alcohol. Because the unclear surface or the oxidation of the PCB will affect the test result.
5. This is the key step of this test, put the PCB into the solder pot, depth about 2 mm,time 4-5 seconds is ok. Then you can see the tin will go into the hole of the PCB.
6. Take out the PCB from the solder pot and put it into the cold water. After few seconds, you can see the experimental effect.
This solderability test is very simple and easy. We can see the results very soon. Our Best Technology did solderability of every batch PCB we made, and we also supply our customers with the solderability test report and the test samples.